Excel - Fast Food Nutrition Facts
Students Chart Fast Food Calories
Students search for fast food nutrition and calorie information on the internet. Students choose several items from the fast food restaurant menu to create a typical meal and then create a spreadsheet with a calorie and fat calories chart.
The Assignment: You are going to plan a meal with a burger, sandwich or salad, along with a side order of french fries or other item. You also want to add a drink and a dessert to your meal. For each item you choose, you will enter the calories and the amount of fat calories into your spreadsheet.
You can choose any restaurant you would like to eat at for your planned meal (McDonalds, Burger King, Jack in the Box, Wendy's, Subway, Taco Bell, Carl's Jr. etc). Search the internet for your chosen restaurant's nutrition information.
1) Students create a spreadsheet similar to the finished example below.
2) Students enter their meal choices in column A.
3) Students enter calories in column B.
4) Students enter fat calories in column C.
5) Students use a simple subtraction formula (column B minus column C) to calculate the non-fat calories for column D.
6) Students use a simple division formula to calculate percentage of fat calories in column E. (column C divided by column B).
7) Students create a chart comparing calories and fat calories.
8) Students add a chart illustrating the top 3 items percentage of fat calories.
Students may format their spreadsheet with a title, different fonts, colors, sizes for improved clarity and appearance. Students save and or print their completed spreadsheet.
Fast Food Calorie Chart Finished Example:
Fast Food Nutrition Spreadsheet Instructions:
Excel Spreadsheet Rubric for Grading Assignments:
For PC's and Microsoft Office