Back to School Supplies
Expense Spreadsheet w/ Chart
Assignment: Students create an expense chart using a spreadsheet to show how much they have spent on school supplies. Students use the autosum formula to easily calculate the total expense costs.
Excel School Supplies Expenses - Finished Example
School Supplies Prices List
Students choose school supplies from this list for their spreadsheet.
Excel Mini-Course in 4 Minutes:
Quickly learn the essentials you need for this lesson with these short, focused video tutorials. Watch all the videos to see how to create a budget and chart from start to finish or just watch the ones you need.
This Excel Lesson
Teaches the Following Basic Skills:
- Creating and formatting a spreadsheet title using "merge and center"
- Entering data in columns and rows
- Using the simple formula "Autosum" to automatically calculate total expenses
- Formatting numbers as currency and adding $ signs.
- Creating a chart using the data entered.
- Using different colors for chart bars to improve visual presentation
- Creating, sizing, and positioning the chart to fit on a single page with the data
- Searching, inserting, sizing, and positioning clipart or pictures
- Using print preview and printing