Google Sheets Lesson Plan
Birthday Party Budget
Assignment: Students create a birthday party budget spreadsheet with a chart. Students have a budget of $300.00 to purchase a variety of items for the party. Students shop for all the items on the Birthday Party Supplies List without going over $300.00. Students create a chart illustrating their purchase expenses.
Google Sheets Birthday Party
Budget & Chart Finished
Birthday Party Supplies List:
Students can download this supply list and shop online for prices. Students use the items and prices to create their spreadsheet data.
Students Learn and Practice
the Following Basic Spreadsheet
- Creating and formatting a spreadsheet title using "merge and center"
- Entering data in columns and rows
- Using the simple formula "SUM" to automatically calculate total expenses
- Formatting numbers as currency and adding $ signs.
- Creating a chart using the expense data entered.
- Using different colors for chart segments to improve visual presentation
- Creating, sizing, and positioning the chart to fit on a single page with the data
- Searching, inserting, sizing, and positioning a related image
- Using print preview and printing
Spreadsheet Rubric for Grading Assignments