Excel Lesson Plan - Expense Budget with Chart
Assignment: Students create a clothing expense spreadsheet budget with chart. Students use a shopping list to buy some clothes and tally their expenses. Students create a chart illustrating their clothing purchases and expenses.
Excel Clothing Expense Budget & Chart - Finished Example
Clothes Shopping Price List:
Students choose items from this list for their spreadsheet entries.
Excel Mini-Course in 4 Minutes:
Quickly learn the essentials you need for this lesson with these short, focused video tutorials. Watch all the videos to see how to create a budget and chart from start to finish or just watch the ones you need.
Students Learn and Practice
the Following Basic Spreadsheet Skills:
- Creating and formatting a spreadsheet title using "merge and center"
- Entering data in columns and rows
- Using the simple formula "Autosum" to automatically calculate total expenses
- Formatting numbers as currency and adding $ signs.
- Creating a chart using the expense data entered.
- Using different colors for chart segments to improve visual presentation
- Creating, sizing, and positioning the chart to fit on a single page with the data
- Searching, inserting, sizing, and positioning clipart or pictures
- Using print preview and printing