Write a Story about a Pumpkin
Assignment: Students use a word processor to write in paragraph format using a topic sentence, three details in sequenced form, (first, then, next) and a closing sentence. Students observe proper spelling, capitalization, word spacing and punctuation. Students increase font size and change font style suitable for wall display. Students search for clipart and insert one or more pieces of clipart to illustrate their story.
Grade 2 +
Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences. Common Core Standard: CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.3.3
Let Me Tell You a Story About a Pumpkin
Students should use their imagination to write their stories. Students should not copy the teacher's example. Students should simply use the title and sequenced format (first, then, next, finally) to guide their sentences.
Students Should Follow these Guidelines:
- Write in Paragraph Format
- Add your name and the date (the date of the calendar writing prompt)
- Topic Sentence
- Three Supporting Sentences (be descriptive)
- Closing Sentence (let your audience know you are finished)
- Use descriptive phrases and describing words (use adjectives)