iWork Numbers - Make Your First Chart
Students Learn to Create Their First Chart in iWork Numbers
Students will learn how to enter data into cells and create a column chart.
These instructions are for iWork Numbers '08, but are applicable to other versions as well.
iWorks Numbers charts are excellent ways to teach children how numbers can be represented graphically.
Before printing, students should use "Show Print View" and then adjust the chart position and drag the control tabs at each corner of the table so that it fits on a single page.
iWorks Numbers Tutorial
Use this mini iWork Numbers tutorial to guide your students in entering the data and creating the chart.
1) Enter the title of the chart in cell C1. In this example: Robbie's Fruit Chart
2) Enter the fruit data into column A cells.
3) Enter the quantities into the column B cells.
4) Select (highlight) the food and number data in columns A and B.
5) Click the Charts button on the menu and select the column chart.
6) Resize the column chart by dragging the corners, and click and drag the chart to move it.
7) Add your name and title to the chart. In this example: Robbie's Fruit Chart.
8) Go to File > Show Print View to check how the chart will look before printing.
9) Drag the corners of the table as necessary until it fits into a single page in "Show Print View".
iWork Numbers First Chart Finished Example:
Resize Table and Chart to One Page Before Printing
Before printing, students should use "Show Print View" to check how the final printed page will look. To avoid wasting paper, students should adjust the position of the chart and drag the corners of the table to resize it to fit inside a single page.
For PC's and Microsoft Office