California's Regions Brochure Lesson Plan
Students research one of California's Regions and Create a Brochure
Students will research a region on the internet and collect information about the region's vegetation, wildlife, geographical features, major destinations, historical landmarks and other interesting facts.
Students will search for a variety of images representing their region and add related captions based on their research to the images on their brochure.
California Regions Brochure Finished Example:
This brochure was made using Microsoft Word 2010 using word art for the title, images and text boxes for the captions.
Handout information that students will use to research their region:
Download the California Regions handout.
Create a poster about one of California's 4 regions.
- Add a slogan advertising your region:
Example: Come see the spectacular views in California's Mountain Region !
- Include 4 – 8 pictures representing these characteristics of the region:
- Vegetation (native plants)
- Animal wildlife
- Geographical features (landforms, lakes, rivers, rock formations, etc.)
- Recreation areas (fun activities, beaches, hiking, skiing, surfing, rafting, etc.)
- Major destinations ( Cities, National Parks, Zoos, Resorts, )
- Historical Site / landmark (museums, lighthouses, observatories etc.)
- Research information to add captions to your pictures. Captions should be 2 or 3 complete descriptive sentences for each picture.
What types of plants live in the region?
What kinds of animals live in the region?
What natural features are in the region (mountains, lakes, rivers, deserts)?
What do people do for recreational fun in the region?
What are some of the major destinations / attractions in the region?
What are some historical sites or landmarks in the region?