iPad iWork Numbers - Clothes Expense Chart
Students Create an Expense Chart with the Numbers App for iPads
Students use the included "Clothes Shopping Price List" to buy several clothing items and record the costs.
Students use the iPad Numbers app to create a simple spreadsheet and chart using the data from their purchases and expenses.
This expense chart builds on the basic first chart here, and adds the requirement to use the SUM formula to calculate the total costs (expenses) of the clothing items. It also adds the requirement to format all the numbers with $ dollar signs.
1) Students create a new blank chart in the iWork Numbers app.
2) Students enter a their title in cell A1 and merge it into cell B1
3) Students enter their clothing choices in column A, and the prices in column B.
4) Students use the "SUM" formula to automatically calculate their total costs.
5) Students format the prices with $ dollar signs.
6) Students create a column chart using their data.
iPad Numbers Clothes Shopping Expenses Finished Example:
Students choose choose 7 or more items from this list for their spreadsheet.
How to Create the Expense Chart in Numbers for iPad - Time = 2:18
Learn how to create a spreadsheet and expense chart.
For PC's and Microsoft Office